PROPOR’s Organization Committee(OC) was created in 2006 and it’s composed of 5 members from Brazil’s and Portugal’s NLP community, with the mission of ensuring the events occurance, focused on growth and progress in the Processing of Written and Spoken Portuguese subject. The emergence of OC is due to the necessity of PROPOR’s community in discussing the hosting destination, diagnosing it’s problems and suggest goals and routes.
OC is composed of 5 members, which is partially renewed every 2 years, as per event, with the following composition:
- Next event edition’s organizer;
- 2 members from Brazil and 2 from Portugal, one of them being the organizer of the current edition; the other three members will be independent members; that way, every 2 consecutive years, the country in which the next edition will be hosted will have a bigger representation: 3 members against the 2 of the country in which the event was just hosted.
It is preferred that the independent members are participants of PROPOR, whether as article authors, Program or Organization Committee, satellite events organizer, etc.
During the event, there will be a substitution of the previous edition organizer with the future edition’s organizer (necessarily distinct countries). Any other substitutions have to be made in a way that 3 members are from the future edition’s countries.
Thus, every 2 years, 2 to 3 names from the OC can be substituted.
Replenishments will be allowed. It is preferred that each member stay for 4 years in the Committee.
OC’s renovation will occur during the event, on the community’s last meeting. The appointment can be made by suggestion or election.
From inbetween OC’s attributions are the following:
- Elect, during or after the events edition, an application for the organization committee of the future editions, as well as the appropriate date for it;
- Support the organizations issues such as the choice of the Program Committee and its coordinators, place, date, format, articles, languages, process of review and publications, amongst many, always striving for the quality of the event;
- Create and maintain an online history of the event.